9.1.1P.O. Box 4141,
Bergheim, TX 78004
Call: 830 336-3241
WHAT’S NEXT FOR 2013?
If you contributed to the 2012 Bergheim VFD Capital Campaign, you were among the 25% of property and business owners in our service area who did. If you did not contribute last year, you have another chance. The Bergheim VFD Board is kicking off a series of fund-raising events for this calendar year - something for everyone! If you read the “2012 Success!!” document, you saw that we were able to use the 2012 donations to make major purchases, all of which will help firefighters and emergency responders better protect you and your property. Going forward it is imperative that we continue working to improve the Department’s ability to fight fires and respond to emergencies, so for 2013, the funds we raise will help with
- securing and installing at least two additional water storage tanks on remote sites in other parts of the service area to help evenly distribute our water supply for fighting fires;
- purchasing a new brush truck to replace the old (purchased “used”) brush truck;
- recruiting, training, and gearing up more firefighters and more emergency medical technicians.
We hope to raise $250,000 during the 2013 Capital Campaign to make those needs a reality. Here are some of the events planned for this year to help us reach that goal:
- On May 11, we will host a “Fire Sale”at the Bergheim 46 Crossing shopping center (behind Valero) at the junction of Highway 46 and FM 3351. You can help by donating gently used household items, furniture, books, toys, etc. (no clothing, please!). You can donate your time to help organize and run the sale. Everyone is encouraged to come out and shop on May 11th and find some real treasures.
- Mid-summer, we will celebrate Bergheim VFD’s birthday with “Burgers and Brats for Bergheim” at the fire station. This is a way to say thank you to those who support the fire department and will give you an opportunity to meet the Chief and firefighters and to see the new equipment you helped us purchase. Of course, donations will be accepted, too. If you are good at flipping burgers and brats and want to help at the event, please let us know.
- In the fall, we’re planning a surprise event – more details later.
- We will end the campaign in the 4th quarter with another raffle. Watch for information on raffle ticket sales in the fall.
- Over the course of the entire year, we will be accepting donations via cash, personal checks or Pay Pal. Pledge cards with information about the 2013 Capital Campaign will be included in the Bergheim VFD newsletters.
Remember, we are completely dependent on volunteers and donations to make sure Bergheim VFD can address firefighting and emergency response needs. All donations are fully tax-deductible. In the 2012 Campaign, about 25% of property and business owners made donations. Let’s see if we can double that percentage this year and exceed the goal again. Your family’s safety and your property depend on the Bergheim VFD. Be generous and support the fire department!
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any of these fund-raising efforts, please contact Nancy Arthur at email@example.com or (830) 229-5504 or Gwen Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or (830) 336-3634.
|Year to Date:27|
|2012 - 133|